Our Black Slate Worktops grant an upscale, sophisticated appeal to your kitchen and add a touch of elegance to your business premises.
Responsibly sourced, intensely durable and effortlessly stylish, these natural stone slabs breathe life into any interior design project.
Whether you’re an architect creating your next masterpiece, a homeowner planning a redesign, or a business seeking a resilient workspace, slate worktops are your go-to choice.
- Eco-friendly: Our slate worktops are the green choice for any design project. Sourced from environmentally responsible quarries, these solid pieces need less processing and, therefore, have a lower carbon footprint.
- Versatile: Available in various colours and textures, these worktops fit perfectly into modern, rustic, or traditional interiors. They can be tailored to your preferences, ensuring a unique touch in every project.
- Durable: Known for their robustness, slate worktops withstand impacts, scratches, and heat, making them perfect for kitchen or office use. Their longevity means investment in these tops is a wise decision.
Effortless Blending with Black Slate Worktops in Modern and Traditional Kitchen Designs
- Black slate worktops are timeless due to their elegant and versatile nature. In a modern kitchen setting, they can enhance the minimalist aesthetic, particularly with white or stainless steel cabinetry. The contrasting colours create an eye-catching design with a clean and sophisticated finish.
- Traditional kitchens, on the other hand, can harness the warm, rustic charm of black slate. Combining the worktops with wooden cabinets or traditional-style fixtures creates a homely and cosy atmosphere. The natural textures and tones of slate will complement and highlight the antique features in the room.
- Whether your design leans towards modern minimalism or nostalgic tradition, black slate worktops invite a unique flair into any kitchen.
Quick and Seamless Slate Worktop Installation by Worktop Library’s Expert Fitters
We install your black slate worktops with precision, expertise and careful handling. Our process involves four stages, taking place within 5 to 7 business days:
- 1. Measurement: We take accurate measurements of your kitchen counters. This ensures that your slate worktops fit perfectly into your kitchen layout.
- 2. Template Creation: After the measurements are taken, we create a template to guide cutting the slate into the ideal shape and size.
- 3. Cutting & Polishing: Our skilled fabricators use the template to cut your slate worktop. We then polish it to achieve a smooth and beautiful finish, ready for installation.
- 4. Installation: We anchor your slate kitchen worktop securely onto your cabinets and walls. We use silicone adhesive to seal gaps, providing a seamless fit and finish.
Distinct Characteristics: Slate vs Granite vs Quartz vs Marble Worktops
- Slate vs Granite: Granite scores high on durability, but the vibrant patterns might overpower the subtler aesthetic of a minimalist or contemporary kitchen. On the other hand, Black slate carries a subdued elegance that effortlessly blends into diverse design palettes.
- Slate vs Quartz: While quartz worktops boast a low-maintenance, non-porous surface, they don’t carry the unique, organically formed texture of slate. This rich, tactile quality brings a touch of nature into your indoor spaces.
- Slate vs Marble: Marble’s classic luxury is undeniable but requires careful maintenance against staining and scratching. Slate proves far more resistant to such everyday wear and tear, maintaining its pristine look with ease.
Questions about slate worktops? -We’ve got answers.
- Can slate worktops withstand heat and scratches? Yes, slate is highly resistant to heat and knocks, making it an excellent choice for kitchen surfaces.
- Is maintaining a slate worktop difficult? Maintaining slate worktops is relatively easy. Simple cleaning with mild detergent and warm water is typically all it needs.
- How versatile are slate worktops in terms of design? Slate worktops are incredibly versatile. They come in various colours and finishes that fit virtually any interior design scheme.
Material: Natural stone
Colour tones: Charcoal black
Finishes: Polished, honed
Thicknesses: 2 cm, 3 cm
Average slab size: 200 x 120 – 250 x 150 cm
Style: Solid, Streaks
Heat resistance: 650 °C
Hardness: 3.5 (out of 10 on Moh’s scale)
Applications: kitchen worktops, bathroom floors, fireplace, furniture, splashbacks, shelves and other uses.
Natural marble is a fantastic option for kitchen worktops, upstands, or walls in homes and businesses. It has remained the king of worktops for centuries thanks to the mix of eternal beauty, high performance and affordability it offers.
- Natural marble is UV-suitable, making it a perfect outdoor worktop material.
- You can choose marble in various finishes: Polished, Leather, Honed, Bush-Hammered, Satinato, and more.
- Each slab of natural marble worktop is unique to you and your project. Nature does not create two identical marble slabs.
- Marble can withstand exceptionally high heat (up to 300 degrees Celsius) and offers excellent scratch and stain resistance performance.
- When you embark on a kitchen or bathroom renovation, you will most likely consider how the material would improve the appearance and functionality of your house. However, with marble, you can also consider how it can boost the property's value. Your home is a significant investment, and adding marble worktops can help increase its value in the future.
Black Slate Technical Data:
- Water Absorption: 0.17% by weight
- Density: 2800 kg/m^3
- Flexural Strength: 20-22 MPa
- Compressive Strength: 82-84 MPa
As a natural material, marble's warranty comes from nature and has inherent flaws and fractures that make it unique.
You can select from our Sensa, Naturamia, and Granith stone collections of branded natural materials if you prefer marble with a warranty. Our manufacturer's warranties for natural stone worktops range from 2 to 15 years.
Slate worktops are heat-resistant, insulating, and fireproof, ideal for placing hot pans directly without damage, ensuring durability in the kitchen.
Granite is more expensive than slate and surpasses in fabrication, transport, and installation costs owing to its greater hardness and weight.
Our black slate worktops are sourced from premium quarries in Italy and Brazil, ensuring top quality and exquisite beauty.
RETURNS AND SHIPPING POLICY RETURNS
Except for damaged surfaces, all sales are final. Please call 020 39760029 or email HELLO@WORKTOPLIBRARY.CO.UK for more information before mailing exchanges or purchasing return products installed in faulty or damaged condition.
SHIPPING \\\\ TURNAROUND
We process all orders within one business day. However, specific stones may have longer lead times due to high demand or special-order items from other countries.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION COSTS
We compute delivery and installation costs at the time of purchase. Our team of professional stone fitters install all stone surfaces.
Installation and delivery charges vary depending on weight, site access, and delivery location from our West London, United Kingdom workshop.
INSTALLATION & DELIVERY ADDRESSES
Stone worktop installation is available in London and up to 150 miles of surrounding areas. Don't hesitate to contact our Worktop Library Service Team at (20) 39760029.