Blue Roma quartzite
With an extensive suite of stunning aesthetics, robust characteristics and scratch and stain-resistant attributes, Blue Roma quartzite allows you to produce remarkable worktops and unique detailed patterns. Read More
Blue Roma quartzite is an exotic natural stone from South America offering a beautiful array of veins in cream, ochre, green, grey and white over a calming blue-coloured backdrop. The stones’ veins are rare, contain hints of natural oxidization, and can only be found in Bahia, Brazil.
Quartzite is a sedimentary rock that was initially from sandstone and quartz. Blue Roma quartzite worktops comprise mainly quartz and feldspar, varying in colour from white to grey, blue, black, beige and cream. This stone is available in various sizes, finishes and thicknesses to suit your project needs.
Blue Roma quartzite: a gorgeous natural stone from Bahia
Blue Roma quartzite is a stunning natural stone that has recently gained popularity. Thanks to its unique blue and grey veining, it’s no wonder why so many homeowners are choosing it for their kitchen and bathroom surfaces.
Besides having a unique visual aesthetic, a Blue Roma quartzite worktop is 250% stronger than marble. It is impervious to acidic foods, making it an excellent choice for busy family kitchens or commercial spaces such as hotels, restaurants, bakeries, etc.
Quarrying Blue Roma Quartzite
The quarry of Blue Roma quartzite is located in Bahia, Brazil, and several companies mine Blue Roma quartzite, also known as Blue Deep quartzite, in the area using manual and mechanical techniques to extract the quartzite blocks.
First, the quarry workers use diamond-tipped saws and other cutting tools to remove the overburden and access the quartzite deposit. Once they reach the deposit, they use specialized drills and explosives to blast away the larger sections of quartzite, creating blocks of various sizes. The extracted blocks are then transported to a processing facility, undergoing a series of cutting, polishing, and finishing procedures.
- First, the blocks are cut into slabs using high-powered saws with diamond blades, which slice through the quartzite with precision and efficiency. The slabs are then polished using progressively finer grits of abrasives until they achieve the desired level of smoothness and shine.
- The finishing process varies depending on the specific application of the quartzite. For example, some slabs may be honed or brushed to create a matte finish, while getting a sealant treatment enhances their durability and resistance to stains.
- Quality control measures are implemented throughout the process to ensure that the final product meets industry size, thickness, and appearance standards. It involves careful inspection of the blocks and slabs at every stage of production and rigorous testing to ensure that the finished product can withstand the demands of its intended use.
Are you an Interior Design Professional?
WIN MORE PROJECTS
With an extensive suite of stunning aesthetics, robust characteristics and scratch and stain-resistant attributes, quartzite Blue Roma allows you to produce remarkable work surfaces and unique detailed patterns, so you’ll impress even the most demanding clients.
You can even create an immersive interior space experience thanks to its cutting-edge finishing, personalized worktops, and coastal-looking bathrooms.
YOU HAVE GREAT COMPANY.
Respected architects, award-winning construction firms and global brands worldwide use natural quartzite.
If you’re considering upgrading your kitchen or bathroom worktops, you may be overwhelmed with the variety of options available. However, Blue Roma is gaining popularity due to their exoticism and natural robustness.
Blue Roma quartzite features a stunning blue and grey colour scheme and a rare yet elegant appearance. This stone is perfect for those who want a character and personality countertop while maintaining its strength and practicality, as it is highly resistant to scratches, heat, and stains.
Let’s Get Specific
Blue Dream quartzite specifications
Colour: Blue, grey, white, cream, black
Price Group: 3
Finishes: Polished / Leather
Thicknesses: 2 cm, 3 cm
Average slab size: 280 x 160 – 320 x 190 cm
Heat resistance: 350 °C
Hardness: 7 (out of 10 on Moh’s scale)
Other names: Dream Blue quartzite, Dream Blue marble, Blue Dream marble
Applications: kitchen worktops, fireplace, interior and exterior walls, and other applications.
Usage: Indoor and outdoor
Quartzite has several advantages, including requiring no further care and being resistant to acidic substances.
Traditional marble contains calcium which is susceptible to foods such as lemons, oranges, soy sauce, etc., and quartzite is the perfect alternative to avoid surface staining and discolouration.
- Highly stain and mark resistant.
- Spectacular beauty and exotic looks.
- UV rays are suitable and outdoor suitable.
- It only requires sealing once every 18-24 months.
- It offers a superior surface sheen in a polished finish.
- Extremely resistant to heat, wear and tear, and humidity.
- It provides the highest resistance to impact among natural stones.
- It offers low porosity avoiding the proliferation of germs in kitchens and bathrooms.
Blue Roma quartzite technical data
- Density (kg): 2430
- Flexural strength (Mpa): 13.8
- Compressive strength (Mpa): 84
- Water Absorption (%): 0.43
- Chemical Resistance: Resistant to acids and alkalis
- MOHS (Scratch resistance): 7 (out of 10)
Quartzite's warranty is nature's guarantee, while the natural beauty of marble lies in its unique imperfections and fractures. But if you prefer a warranty with your marble, explore our Sensa, Naturamia, and Granith stone collections.
Our manufacturer's warranties for natural stone worktops range from 2 to 15 years, providing you with peace of mind and stunning beauty.
Yes, Blue Roma quartzite is very easy to maintain. It is more resistant to scratches and stains than limestone and most granites, and unlike marble, it is impervious to acidic foods. As a result, it only requires occasional cleaning with mild detergent and water.
Blue Roma quartzite is versatile and can complement a range of design styles. Its blue and grey tones pair nicely with contemporary, industrial and minimalist designs.
Yes, Blue Roma quartzite is a natural and sustainable stone. It is extracted from Brazilian quarries using environmentally responsible practices, and its durability and longevity make it a long-term investment in design.
RETURNS AND SHIPPING POLICY RETURNS
Except for damaged surfaces, all sales are final. Please call 020 39760029 or email HELLO@WORKTOPLIBRARY.CO.UK for more information before mailing exchanges or purchasing return products installed in faulty or damaged condition.
SHIPPING \\\\ TURNAROUND
We process all orders within one business day. However, specific stones may have longer lead times due to high demand or special-order items from other countries.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION COSTS
We compute delivery and installation costs at the time of purchase. Our team of professional stone fitters install all stone surfaces.
Installation and delivery charges vary depending on weight, site access, and delivery location from our West London, United Kingdom workshop.
INSTALLATION & DELIVERY ADDRESSES
Stone worktop installation is available in London and up to 150 miles of surrounding areas. Don't hesitate to contact our Worktop Library Service Team at (20) 39760029.