Sensa Taj Mahal
Sensa Taj Mahal is a robust quartzite worktop with creamy and beige tones and refined white veins. Taj Mahal's mild hues make it an excellent option for the famous white marble worktops. You can design a space that mirrors Italian marble's crisp, sleek veins but with a warmer and vibrant look when combined with white, grey, or beige cabinetry. Read More
Category : Branded Quartzite, Quartzite, Sensa GraniteDownload Brochure Download Maintenance Guidelines
Sensa Taj Mahal is a robust quartzite worktop with creamy and beige tones and refined white veins. Taj Mahal’s mild hues make it an excellent option for the famous white marble worktops. You can design a space that mirrors Italian marble’s crisp, sleek veins but with a warmer and vibrant look when combined with white, grey, or beige cabinetry.
This worktop comprises 100% natural stone and raw minerals. It is long-lasting, heat, impact and scratch-resistant. In addition, it offers the best stain resistance in granite and quartzite materials, making them easy to clean and maintain if you don’t have time for special maintenance.
They are ideal for kitchens, bathrooms, utility rooms, gardens, patios, hallways, and dining spaces. So invest in a stunning Sensa Taj Mahal worktop today!
Sensa Taj Mahal Description. Elegant, Warm, Exquisite.
For a more colourful look, the Taj Mahal’s exquisite patterns in taupe and cream tones can accent the furniture of dark-coloured kitchens. This stone provides an elegant feel by mixing classic beauty and current styles.
Similarly, you can combine this ivory-coloured quartzite grey, white, black, cream and taupe kitchen cabinets. Its name alludes to India’s famed Taj Mahal building, resembling its colour, tone, and patterns.
Other names: The generic name of this stone is Indian Taj Mahal or Taj Mahal granite, and if you are looking for slabs of Sensa Taj Mahal, we also offer this stone under the following terms:
- Naca Quartzite
- Matira Quartzite
- Taj Mahal Granite
- Taj White Quartzite
- Perla Venata Quartzite
- Perla Santana Quartzite
- Branco Taj Mahal Granite
- Taj Mahal White Quartzite
- Branco Taj Mahal Quartzite
But our Sensa Taj Mahal countertop look will stay unaltered over time. In addition, thanks to the revolutionary protection it includes, the slabs have novel properties such as excellent staining resistance while never changing the look or texture of the worktop. Finally, Sensa Taj Mahal Mirage comes with a significant additional benefit. You don’t need to apply any extra care.
Finally, Sensa stones include NSF certifications, which means they are safe for interaction with food and have a Greenguard certificate, assuring conformity with the American Environmental Institute’s air quality requirements. So with Cosentino Sensa quartzite, you can always have safety in your kitchen, bathrooms, and dining areas.
Protect Your Kitchen With Sensa Taj Mahal Quartzite
Sensa by Cosentino features a revolutionary stain protection treatment called ‘SenGuard’ that ensures our product is stain resistant and maintenance-free for many years, unlike standard sealers on the market. Cosentino applies SenGuard to the quartzite during manufacturing and requires no additional sealing for years.
Over time, daily activity and household cleaners can wear down standard sealers, leaving the granite unprotected in some areas. Due to this wear and tear, you must re-apply these sealers to protect the stone, which not only means additional cost but can also cause darkening of the material.
Also, standard sealers act as a protective film and do not allow the stone to breathe, thus reducing their resiliency. It is the result of decades of research combined with the experience of a company that has been in some of the most demanding stone markets for over ten years.
7 Advantages of using Sensa Taj Mahal Worktops, Walls, and Floors:
- Low upkeep: Its protection increases the durability of your granite worktop. You will never need to seal it, which is simple to clean.
- Refined Look: Unique assortment of natural granite with distinctive patterns to design exceptional environments.
- Everlasting Homes: With Sensa granite by Cosentino, you may cover the walls of your house with designs comprising the best possible natural materials. Sensa is long-lasting and low-maintenance due to its anti-stain.
- Striking Dark Colours: Natural granite provides a variety of dark hues for small kitchens and bathrooms in any look: contemporary, traditional, or basic. You can use these options to match the popular ‘completely black’ look or create different highlights with unbroken, glossy, or flecked designs. And pure black granite is very popular with architects when producing classic styles.
- Premium quality stones: Throughout the mining and production of natural stones, Sensa assures the best quality and highest standards.
- Natural and Luminous worktops: Sensa provides a variety of white granite worktops, each of which is distinctive and able to produce rooms that are energetic, modern, vintage, and eclectic. You may use Sensa White granite to compliment any home area, adding luminosity to generate unique designs.
- Protection against staining includes revolutionary techniques embedded into the stone’s chemical composition.
Stone Treatment & Superior Protection by Sensa
Sensa is a stain-resisting solution that Cosentino applies to the stone. Sensa is not a sealant, and it bonds to the face of the stone differently than traditional sealants.
Unlike other sealer solutions, the Sensa treatment enables the stone to breathe. It secures itself by permeating the stone’s composition while keeping the original attractiveness and natural colours.
SenGuard is a superior and unique stain protection treatment. Unlike other sealers. Senguard chemically bonds to the granite, changing the superficial tension of the stone. Under typical conditions, most stone surfaces absorb liquids. SenGuard creates a barrier to prevent drinks such as water, coffee, or oil from penetrating and staining Sensa’s surface while allowing the granite to breathe. If there are pipes or a dishwasher underneath, mould and moisture may form and cause damage to the surface. However, with Cosentino’s Sensa granite, the humidity passes through the material, helping to avoid these issues.
Sensa Worktops Include The Exclusive SenGuard Treatment
Because SenGuard is a chemical treatment deep in the stone and not just a protective layer, the surface is highly resistant to scratching or chipping. An additional benefit is that the stone repels liquids and does not absorb them.
Moreover, SenGuard is so effective that fluids can’t even penetrate a mound of sand with this protection. In addition, the formula is highly resistant to UV radiation, meaning colour change will not occur due to solar radiation.
SenGuard performance versus standard granite sealers: No sealing is required. The manufacturer applies the treatment during a carefully monitored manufacturing process. As a result, you don’t need to seal the material after cutting and installation. Instead, our worktop installers apply a sealant by hand to protect the granite. The treatment penetrates the material through a chemical bond, allowing the worktop to breathe.
Senguard vs Standard Sealants
In the first place, standard sealers require yearly reapplication to protect the stone from staining because they break down over time. But with Sensa, the treatment cannot be wiped or scrubbed off and is not affected by scouring sponges or common household cleaners. In addition, you don’t need any special cleaners to clean Sensa.
Secondly, standard sealers create a thin layer on top of the granite. They do not allow the stone to breathe. Sensa with SenGuard comes with a 15-year transferable warranty supported by Cosentino. And when common household cleaners break down these standard sealers, it is impossible to know when a sealer has worn down and which parts of the surface. Therefore, the areas without protection are susceptible to becoming darker in colour when exposed to chemicals often found in household cleaners.
In contrast, Sensa granite worktops and Sensa quartzite allow airflow into the surface, maintaining the original aesthetic features for which these stones are known. With a proven history and rigorous testing, Sensa Cosentino quartzite gives you all the beauty of natural stone with an outstanding performance against stains.
Sensa Taj Mahal Quartzite Sizes, Thickness, Finishes
- Sizes: The slabs have a minimum dimension of 2.50 x 1.50m and a maximum size of 3.28 x 2.05 m.
- Finish: It is available in a leather finish with a polished finish known as ‘Mirage’.
- Coverage: With a single Sensa granite or quartzite slab, you can cover an area of 6 square meters of surface on average, whether it is worktops, splashbacks or floors.
- Protection: It comes with a readily protected surface.
- Thicknesses: Sensa Taj Mahal quartzite is available in 2 or 3 cm thickness.
- Other names: Platinum Silver quartzite, Platinum Grey quartzite, Platinum quartzite
Our production team specializes in creating bespoke Taj Mahal beige quartzite work surfaces, backsplashes, upstands, or installations to your specifications.
Use & Care of Sensa Taj Mahal
Caring for Sensa Taj Mahal kitchen countertops requires no unique stone products or additional efforts. The Sensa protection in Taj Mahal quartzite means that the stone has practically no care and has a remarkable stain resistance.
Maintenance: To keep the worktop looking fresh, clean it with a light dish detergent or a PH-neutral cleaner. Cleaning using warm water and a moist cloth and gently stroking the surface layer produces the best outcomes. You must wash and dry the worktop after cleaning it to clear any residues from the surface.
Below are five simple recommendations to help you keep your Sensa worktops pristine for decades:
- Avoid placing very scorching things directly on the worktop. To avoid scratching the stone, we recommend using a chopping board.
- If any liquids fall on the worktop, wipe these up right away.
- Don’t chop straight on the worktop to avoid potential surface scratches.
- Avoid using harsh cleaners like metal scrubbing pads. Instead, to avoid damage, lightly brush the stone.
- Avoid using alkaline cleaners and highly acidic chemicals to avoid the potential harm to the granite or quartzite’s surface.
Two Types of Sensa Cosentino Natural Stones
The Cosentino Sensa Collection comprises two types of stones: granite and quartzite.
- Sensa Granite: it is a coarse-grained igneous (formed by natural heat and fire) rock composed primarily of quartz, feldspar (pale-coloured crystals), and plagioclase (a white crystalline mineral). It is formed under the earth’s crust when magma (a natural hot fluid) cools down over millennia.
- Sensa Quartzite: Quartzite is a robust natural stone. It is non-foliated, meaning that it doesn’t have a sheet-like shape. Also, quartzite is a metamorphic rock. As a result, the stone has changed its appearance from its original pure quartz sandstone form. Sandstone morphs into quartzite by warmth and compression, which occurs by geological pressure.
About Sensa by Cosentino
Sensa by Cosentino is a series of quartzite and granite stones that include complete protection by Cosentino, a global leader in natural and engineered stone products. Unlike generic granite or quartzite, Sensa by Cosentino worktops come with a 15-year warranty which you can transfer to others.
Cosentino was founded in 1940 in Almeria, Spain, by brothers Eduarda and Eduardo to extract raw materials, such as marble, granite or quartz. Through product delivery, the brand is present throughout the whole product lifecycle of its goods.
The brand established Mármoles Cosentino SA in 1979, with an initial team of 17 staff.
In the 1980s, the firm flourished in residential design and began operations internationally, starting in Germany and France in 1985.
Cosentino created its first Silestone quartz slab in 1990.
In 2014, Cosentino manufactured its first Dekton, an ultracompact, new-generation sintered stone lacking quartz polymers, making it a suitable outdoor worktop material.
Cosentino proposed to develop the most extensive renewable power system in Spain in 2018, to self-power its facility in Cantoria.
In 2021, the brand introduced Hybri Q and Hybriq +, an improved Silestone formula comprising recyclable materials that use 98% recycled water in their manufacturing whilst reducing the silica content in Silestone quartz slabs.
Would you like to know more about Sensa Taj Mahal quartzite worktops? – Get in touch with our team to know more about these unique natural stones!
Sensa Quartzite by Cosentino is an excellent choice for any home area, particularly kitchen worktops, splashbacks, and upstands.
- You can choose Sensa in three different finishes: Mirage, Caresse, and Suede.
- Sensa quartzite and granite are UV ray resistant, making them suitable as outdoor worktops.
- Each Sensa slab is unique as natural stones; you won't find an identical Sensa kitchen worktop to yours.
- The stones can endure extremely high temperatures (up to 650 C) and are highly stain and scratch-resistant.
- You can choose from 16 Sensa colours comprising high-quality quartzite and granite, with 2 cm and 3 cm thicknesses.
- Unlike typical sealants, Silestone Sensa Granite offers unparalleled protection to the structure of the stone instead of only its surface.
Sensa by Cosentino features natural stones such as quartzite and granite and includes an anti-stain surface treatment known as 'Senguard'.
The formulas differ across the different natural stones and their provenance.
The mineral makeup of Sensa stones is the following (petrographical classification):
- Granite: is an igneous rock comprising mainly potassium feldspar, quartz, and small amounts of other minerals such as plagioclase feldspar and mica.
- Quartzite: is a siliceous natural stone comprising mainly (between 90-99%) natural quartz. In addition, it can contain minor percentages of mica, iron oxide, zircon, rutile, and magnetite.
The Worktop Library protects your Sensa worktop product against manufacturing defects or mechanical faults for 15 (fifteen) from your purchase date with a warranty by Cosentino.
The Letter of Warranty is valid when registering your Sensa worktop installation within 6 (six) months of its purchase.
You must include a copy of your invoice, which you can obtain from your Sensa kitchen worktop installer.
Sensa Taj Mahal belongs to our Price Group 4 (four), representing a medium to a high price point.
The final cost of a Sensa Taj Mahal countertop depends on the size of the worktops you require, the location, and the accessibility of the property for its installation, dictating the number of Sensa Taj Mahal quartzite installers you may need.
A Sensa Taj Mahal worktop comprises 100% raw minerals and includes natural quartz, feldspar, biotite mica, and garnet. There are no additives, colourants or resins in Sensa natural stones.
The endurance of a Sensa granite worktop is one of its best characteristics.
Sensa Taj Mahal is a natural granite worktop that can last over 100 years after installation. In addition, the average life cycle of granite in a pristine condition averages 25 years if you care for it. And with a 15-year warranty, you know your investment comes with Cosentino's protection.
Avoid placing boiling pots on the countertop without a coaster to keep your Sensa kitchen worktops in good condition. Despite their resistance to high heat, it is best to keep minimum care to ensure a longer lifespan.
Seal Sensa worktops every 18 to 24 months, depending on how much use you give to the surfaces.
Because our customers are important to us, we provide a warranty on all Sensa granite and Sensa quartzite worktops. In addition, each Sensa worktop includes its Letter of Warranty. For greater clarity, we recommend you read the Terms and Conditions and obtain advice on using your warranty when you buy it.
Yes. Unlike manufactured stones such as quartz and engineered marble, Sensa Taj Mahal quartzite comprises 100% natural minerals and is suitable for outdoors applications. In addition, the lack of resins in Sensa granite worktops ensures that their colours don't fade or alter even when you install them externally.
Yes. Sensa offers two types of matte finish surfaces: Suede and Caresse.
The Sensa Carasse finish offers a brushed texture with a slight sheen, and the Suede texture is a matte finish with a subtle texture accentuating the natural feel of the stone.
Here are the six Sensa granite and quartzite colours you can choose in matte finishes:
- Black Beauty: Caresse Finish
- Graphite Grey: Caresse Finish
- Moak Black: Suede Finish
- Platino: Suede Finish
- Sant Angelo: Suede Finish
- Vancouver: Suede finish
Yes. Sensa granite, like any natural stone, is porous due to its surface's micro-permeable nature. When a stone is porous, it can absorb liquids through micropores and its interfacial texture. This natural occurrence is known as capillary absorptionand can cause the stone to discolour.
Yes. If the chip or scratch in your Sensa granite worktop is over 5 mm deep, this part of the worktop becomes more susceptible to discolouration. You can repair chips on Sensa granite and quartzite by applying colour-matched stone resin, restoring the non-porosity in this area. A professional worktop installer may also buff the top layer of the stone to remove superficial scratches.
Yes. Sensa granite is a good stone to use in kitchens because unlike other natural stones such as limestone and marble, it is not affected when exposed to acids from foods, juices, and other substances. In addition, Sensa granite products include a 15-year warranty. The Sensa granite warranty is transferrable, meaning that you can hand it over to another person when you sell your property.
Here are the cleaning products and methods you can apply to clean Sensa granite:
Depending on the type of stain on your Sensa granite, you can use various poultices. Poultices are absorbent blends that you can apply to the worktop to remove tough stains from the surface. For example, when you mix two substances, you will create poultices that can remove deep stains from granite and quartzite.
These come as paper, gel or powder. Moreover, some poultices are absorbent and excellent for eliminating specific stains. Here are the nine most effective granite and quartzite stones:
- Diatomaceous earth
Clay and diatomaceous earth are typically the best choices. However, if the clay or chalk contains iron, you should not use it. The acidic substances can react with the iron and create yellow staining, especially in light-coloured worktops.
RETURNS AND SHIPPING POLICY RETURNS
Except for damaged surfaces, all sales are final. Please call 020 39760029 or email HELLO@WORKTOPLIBRARY.CO.UK for more information before mailing exchanges or online purchasing return products installed in faulty or damaged condition.
SHIPPING \ TURNAROUND
We process all orders within one business day. However, specific stones may have longer lead times due to high demand or special-order items from other countries.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION COSTS
We compute delivery and installation costs at the time of purchase. Our team of professional stone fitters install all stone surfaces.
Installation and delivery charges vary depending on weight, site access, and delivery location from our workshop in West London, United Kingdom.
INSTALLATION & DELIVERY ADDRESSES
Stone worktop installation is available in London and up to 150 miles of surrounding areas. Don't hesitate to get in touch with our Worktop Library Service Team at (20) 39760029.