Calacatta Oro Vagli marble
Are you looking for a luxurious and unique addition to your home? Consider Calacatta Oro Vagli Marble, an Italian natural stone in white marble with grey and golden veins. This luxurious material is perfect for worktops, backsplashes, and other design projects. Read More
Are you looking for a luxurious and unique addition to your home? Consider Calacatta Oro Vagli Marble, an Italian natural stone in white marble with grey and golden veins. This luxurious material is perfect for worktops, backsplashes, and other design projects. In addition, Calacatta Oro Vagli Marble is known for its beauty and durability, making it a wise investment for your home.
Calacatta Oro Vagli Description – An Unstoppable Worktop
Calacatta Oro Vagli is a traditional marble with a white, vibrant, and creamy backdrop with hints of gold and grey going through the veins. Its vivid golden lines make it one-of-a-kind and distinctive for any interior, and the delicate rustic tones on a white background bring out the finest in any design.
No more worrying about that glass of water you accidentally knocked over or if your kids will put their crayons away nicely. Calacatta Oro Vagli is a natural stone worktop material that is highly resistant to stains and scratches, meaning you can rest easy (or maybe not so easy) knowing that all accidents are no match for this countertop.
Pattern Variation: High.
This marble comes from the Carrara region of Italy, specifically from Vagli Sotto, a municipality in Tuscany.
Calacatta Vagli Oro is also known as Calacatta Vagli Marble, Marmo Calacatta Vagli, Calacatta Macchia Oro Marble, Calacatta Vagli Venato Marble, Calacatta Vagli Extra Marble, Calacatta Vagli Extra 1st Marble, Calacatta Vagli Oro Vena Marble, Bianco Calacatta Vagli Marble
Advantages of Using Calacatta Oro Vagli Marble In Interior Spaces
- Durable: Despite marble’s softness, an excellent attribute for seamless fabrication and cutting, the stone is robust, making it in some of the most innovative marble applications in private residences, public places, and even furniture sets that have gone well beyond the material’s typical usage. You can use marble to create anything from eccentric bathtubs to table tops, plinths, console tables, architraves, and shower panels. Marble demonstrates the variety of purposes you can give it and its unlimited hues and patterns, drawing attention to the material’s diversity with brilliant interior designers and architects and contributing to delightfully unique spaces employing marble.
- Hygienic: marble’s low porosity ensures no bacteria cannot penetrate its surface. Cleaning your marble worktops with a very diluted solution of dishwashing detergent is sufficient to lower the microbe count, meeting the Food and Drug Administration’s mandated cleanliness threshold for kitchen worktops. After rinsing with water, a marble worktop is hygienic over the critical point. And if you sanitise it using a very mild solution of white vinegar, you will eliminate 100% of germs.
- Practical: marble’s softness makes it one of the most functional natural stones for building and decoration. While the Romans made the most of its softness for sculpturing, you can make the most of it by shaping it to any form and size, whether for worktops, walls, floors, shelves, or more.
- Colour Intense: Although marble is often light-coloured, you can find marble in any colour and shade in the spectrum. And no other material can provide the same level of colour intensity marble provides, whether quartz, ceramic, or concrete.
Calacatta Oro Vagli Marble Benefits
- Natural Patterns: natural marble’s patterns are unique and simply divine. No other stone can replicate the natural veins of white or black marble with the same level of organic beauty. Certain marble effect quartz stones look ‘inky’, and some porcelain may look ‘like a print on the surface. In contrast, marble always looks 100% natural, organic, and unaltered. It is the original shiny rock masterpiece from nature.
- Wide Array of Sizes: There is some misunderstanding regarding the accessibility or possibility of marble, as almost any marble can meet your project’s requirements. Marble slab size starts at approximately 2500 x 1500 mm and can extend up to 3200 x 1980 mm, depending on the variety you select.
- Various Thicknesses: You can choose marble worktops of 20 mm and 30 mm in standard thicknesses. In addition, you can select thicker marble surfaces of 40 mm, 50 mm, and more as non-standard thicknesses.
- Remarkable Finishes: The marble fascia’s softness is ideal for producing various finishes that are unique to this stone. Similarly, marble is the natural rock with the highest number of finishes available in the marketplace. You can choose from flat finishes such as polished, honed, and Satinato. In addition, you can select from textured finishes that include leather, bush-hammered, rock face, sandblasted, split-face, shot-sawn, and machine-tooled. The possibilities are endless.
Calacatta Oro Vagli Marble Sizes, Thickness, Finishes
- Sizes: The slabs have a minimum dimension of 2.50 x 1.50m and a maximum size of 310x190cm.
- Finish: It is readily available in a polished finish. You can also choose Calacatta Oro Vagli honed marble when you prefer matte or textured finishes for your project.
- Coverage: With a single marble slab, you can cover an area of approximately 5 square meters of surface, whether it is kitchen worktops, floors, or wall panels.
- Protection: Our production team applies professional natural stone sealant coating to your marble slabs upon delivery. Later, our worktop installers use an additional layer of this sealant when completing your kitchen worktop, bathroom, fireplace, or floor installation.
- Thicknesses: Calacatta Oro Vagli marble is available in 2 or 3 cm thickness. Consult with our marble experts if you require thicknesses of 4, 5 or 6 cm or more.
Our production team specialises in creating bespoke Calacatta Oro Vagli marble work surfaces, backsplashes, upstands, or installations to your specifications.
Two Drawbacks of Calacatta Oro Vagli Marble as a Kitchen Worktop.
Although marble’s eternal looks stand the test of time, there are two main cons of using the material as a kitchen worktop that we highlight below. Nevertheless, and despite these two instances, marble is perfectly suitable for kitchens when its users care minimally for it. As a result, marble has remained a favourite worktop material amongst architects, interior designers and building specialists for centuries.
- Practicality: Whilst marble is practical for shaping and installation, other materials such as quartz, porcelain and granite offer more practical maintenance.
- Etching: Marble contains calcium carbonate, the substance in our teeth that the dentist says may get ruined when consuming too much lemon. It makes it susceptible to acidic substances such as lemon and oranges. Therefore, marble can react to acids by presenting it as a ‘stain’ you cannot remove, known as ‘etching’. The good news is that you can remove marble’s top layer by repolishing its fascia.
How to Combine Calacatta Oro Vagli Marble
Calacatta Vagli marble has been a classic material in kitchens and a prominent natural stone for centuries. It is elegant and timeless, and it can create a luxurious feeling in any space. In addition, it is an attractive option for kitchen worktops, splashbacks, and floors. It is white with grey veining, adding a touch of sophistication to any space.
It’s often used in high-end hotels and restaurants because it makes a statement without being too overbearing. Calacatta Vagli marble can create an elegant and timeless space when combined with the correct kitchen elements.
Use & Care of Marble
Caring for Calacatta Oro Vagli marble doesn’t take your time, thanks to the marble’s low porosity. First, our teams seal the marble slabs upon delivery before processing them for fabrication. Then, after cutting the worktops, our installation teams seal your marble worktops again, ensuring there are no unprotected areas.
Cleaning: Clean the countertop with a gentle dish detergent or a PH-neutral cleaner to keep it looking new. You’ll enjoy the best when cleaning with warm water and a damp towel while softly caressing the work surface’s top layer. After cleaning, rinse and dry the worktop to remove any residues.
Below are five simple recommendations to help you keep your Panonazzo marble worktops in excellent condition over time:
- If any liquids spill on the worktop, clean them up immediately.
- Avoid putting scorching items straight on the countertop. Instead, we recommend using a trivet to avoid scratching the stone.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners such as metal scouring pads. Instead, carefully stroke the surface with a kitchen sponge.
- Don’t use alkaline cleaners and very acidic chemicals to minimise damage to the marble’s surface.
Would you like to know more about Calacatta Oro Vagli marble worktops, splashbacks, or Calacatta Oro Vagli marble honed for bathrooms? – Get in touch with our team to know more about this unique natural stone!
Natural marble is a fantastic option for kitchen worktops, upstands, or walls in homes and businesses. It has remained the king of worktops for centuries thanks to the mix of eternal beauty, high performance and affordability it offers.
- Natural marble is UV suitable, making it a perfect outdoor worktop material.
- You can choose marble in various finishes: Polished, Leather, Honed, Bush-Hammered, Satinato, and more.
- Each slab of natural marble worktop is unique to you and your project. Nature does not create two identical marble slabs.
- Marble can withstand exceptionally high heat (up to 300 degrees Celsius) and offers excellent scratch and stain resistance performance.
- When you embark on a kitchen or bathroom renovation, you will most likely consider how the material would improve the appearance and functionality of your house. However, with marble, you can also consider how it can boost the property's value. Your home is a significant investment, and adding marble worktops can help increase its value in the future.
Calacatta Oro Vagli marble comprises raw minerals and is a 100% natural stone. Therefore, as with any natural product, its composition may differ slightly across blocks.
Calacatta Vagli marble's technical features are the following (petrographical classification):
- Water Absorption: 0.20%
- Massa Unit Volume: 2750 kg/m3
- Elasticity: 45,900 MPa
- Bending Strenght: 12.8MPa
- Abrasion resistance: 0.59
- Impact resistance: 37 cm fall height
- Compression Simple: 127 MPa
- Compression Freezing:123 MPa
As an organic material, marble's warranty comes from nature. And because marble is a natural product, it has inherent flaws and fractures that make it unique.
You can select from our Sensa, Naturamia, and Granith stone collections of branded natural materials if you prefer marble with a warranty. Our manufacturer's warranties for natural stone worktops range from 2 to 15 years.
Calacatta Oro Vagli marble belongs to our Price Group 3& (three), representing a medium price point.
The final price of a Calacatta Oro Vagli worktop depends on the size of the countertops you require, the location, and the accessibility of the property for its installation, dictating the number of installers your project may require.
Calacatta Oro Vagli marble is a sedimentary carbonate rock. It comprises calcite (CaCO3), or a mixture of dolomite (Ca, Mg) and calcite. Originally it was limestone which transformed into marble over time.
The limestone rocks become marble thanks to the natural processes affecting them over millennia. Moreover, the term 'marble' comes from the old Greek word "Marmaris," meaning "shiny stone", describing the metamorphosis from limestone to marble.
The endurance of a Calacatta Oro Vagli marble worktop is one of its best characteristics.
Calacatta Oro Vagli is a natural marble worktop lasting over 100 years after installation.
Avoid boiling pots on the countertop without a coaster to keep your Calacatta Oro Vagli kitchen worktops in good condition. Despite their resistance to high heat, it is best to keep minimum care to ensure a longer lifespan.
Seal your marble worktops every 18 to 24 months, depending on how much use you give to the surfaces.
Yes. Unlike manufactured stones such as quartz and engineered marble, Calacatta Oro Vagli marble comprises 100% natural minerals and is suitable for outdoors applications. In addition, the lack of resins in marble worktops ensures that their colours don't fade or alter even when you install them externally.
Yes. Like any natural stone, Calacatta Oro Vagli marble is porous due to its surface's micro-permeable nature. When a stone is porous, it can absorb liquids through micropores and its interfacial texture.
You can seal Calacatta Oro Vagli marble with an inexpensive yet high-quality stone sealant by spreading the transparent liquid over the surface and letting it rest for a minimum of 12 hours. Repeat this process every 18-24 months, depending on how much traffic your marble surface receives.
Yes. If the chip or scratch in your marble worktop is over 5 mm deep, this part of the worktop becomes more susceptible to discolouration.
You can repair chips on marble worktops by applying colour-matched stone resin, restoring the non-porosity in this area. A professional worktop installer may also buff the top layer of the stone to remove superficial scratches, restoring the original shine of the marble's surface.
Calacatta Oro Vagli marble, also known as Calacatta Vagli marble, is a natural stone from Vagli Sotto in Carrara near the Apuan Alps in Northern Italy.
RETURNS AND SHIPPING POLICY RETURNS
Except for damaged surfaces, all sales are final. Please call 020 39760029 or email HELLO@WORKTOPLIBRARY.CO.UK for more information before mailing exchanges or purchasing return products installed in faulty or damaged condition.
SHIPPING \\\\ TURNAROUND
We process all orders within one business day. However, specific stones may have longer lead times due to high demand or special-order items from other countries.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION COSTS
We compute delivery and installation costs at the time of purchase. Our team of professional stone fitters install all stone surfaces.
Installation and delivery charges vary depending on weight, site access, and delivery location from our workshop in West London, United Kingdom.
INSTALLATION & DELIVERY ADDRESSES
Stone worktop installation is available in London and up to 150 miles of surrounding areas. Don't hesitate to get in touch with our Worktop Library Service Team at (20) 39760029.