Browse our impressive collection of White Matt worktop materials in 2021
This article recounts the top white matt worktop materials in the UK in 2021. It’s a guide that will help you choose the best surface for your design project, explaining each worktop product’s features, benefits, and technical characteristics.
In this guide, you will:
- Learn what are the main differences between a matt finish and a polished finish worktop
- See a definitive list of all white matt worktop materials in the UK in 2021
- The quartz brands offering white matt worktop materials
- The differences between a Silestone Suede finish, and a matt finish worktop
- The porcelain, ceramic and sintered stone brands offering matt white worktop surfaces in the UK
- Alternative quartz brands offering white matt worktop products
But before you do so, let us clarify the dilemma between choosing a white matt worktop or a polished white worktop. Polished worktop – Matt worktop. Shine-honed, honed-gloss. Another dilemma for your kitchen design!
Choosing a kitchen involves making many choices, and this article will guide you through the different options to choose the correct type of white matt worktop for your kitchen.
The challenge is to decide whether a kitchen with a gloss or a matt kitchen is better for you. As a matter of fact, you should consider that the final look of your worktop will be different depending on what material or brand you choose. It is incredible how the same kitchen worktop changes in polished or matt finish!
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF A MATT WORKTOP AND A POLISHED WORKTOP?
Some issues are plain and straightforward, subjective—some people like polished worktops better and others like matt ones: a matter of taste. But apart from that subjectivity, some objective elements can help you in the decision.
Click on this link to receive Free Samples of White Matt Worktop materials.
The shine of Polished Worktops
The finish is more spectacular. The kitchen draws attention. Obvious. Some claim that the gloss gives it a touch of modernity, but this, again, is subject to taste since matte is also very current. Not all polished finishes are the same when it comes to kitchen worktops. Take a look, and you will see it. Some have a “patterned” effect, and others, the so-called “mirror look” or “high-gloss”, that have a more global and more uniform finish. If you want advice, we encourage you to choose mirror-effect polished finishes since, although both can have the same performance, the final look is more pronounced in the case of high-gloss worktop finishes.
Cleaning a polished kitchen worktop is simpler and more manageable since they are lacquered and waterproof surfaces but can also stain. On the other hand, polished white worktops are more sensitive to touch, and stains and our fingerprints may show more.
The elegance of honed worktops
One of the significant advantages of matt worktops is that they get less dirty, but their cleaning (even though it is straightforward) is not as clean as glossy worktops, where the cloth directly glides on with ease. Matt kitchen worktops either do not reflect light or reflect it little, and traces don’t mark them. A great bet is the Silk finish worktop that makes these kitchens a convenient place to battle on a day-to-day basis without complications. A matt worktop gives the room a more serene, discreet and, in many cases, a more elegant touch. As in polished worktop, not all mattes are the same, and the effect will depend on the material that composes the worktop: quartz, marble, porcelain, etc.
Regarding the touch, we will say that in matt kitchens is a smooth experience. The sensation they transmit is warmer than glossy ones, which are usually cooler to the touch than the finish in polished worktops.
What if my kitchen is small?
Concerning space, it is interesting that you know that a bright kitchen makes a kitchen bigger since it gives a more incredible feeling of light and spaciousness. Therefore your space is small or hardly has any natural light, think about having a polished worktop. Undoubtedly, polished worktops are ideal for small kitchens and those with little light.
If your kitchen is large enough, we advise you to find a balance between glossy and matt worktops. For example, the kitchen cabinets may be matte, but electrical appliances are not. Or you can choose polished kitchen furniture and matte worktops, walls and floors. In contrast is, on many occasions, where the attractiveness lies.
So, Polished or Matt?
That’s your decision! It is your kitchen and your tastes. Now, you know what you gain with a polished worktop and a matte worktop. Imagine having breakfast in it. And you will see it without a doubt.
Now that you have more information about your choice, we present the most popular matt worktop materials in 2021.
The most extensive collection of White Matt worktop materials in the UK in 2021
White matt quartz worktop
- Silestone Iconic White Suede finish: it is the whitest white from the leading quartz manufacturer in the globe. You can choose from thicknesses in 12mm, 20mm and 30mm. And with a slab size of 3250x1590mm, you can create seamless surfaces in kitchen islands and wall claddings.
2. Silestone Blanco Maple Suede: another design from Cosentino which produces the Silestone Quartz Collection. It is a white matt worktop material offering a white-creamy shade, with randomly scattered speckles over the surface. It’s available in dimensions of 3040x1380mm and 3250x1590mm, making it a cost-effective option regardless of the size of your space.
3. Silestone Blanco Norte Suede: belonging to the Mythology Series, Blanco Norte offers a combination of light grey speckles over a white surface backdrop. Just like its counterpart Blanco Maple, it comes in slabs of 3040x1380mm and 3250x1590mm. Thus, this is another cost-effective option for kitchens of any size with 12mm, 20mm, and 30mm thicknesses.
4. Silestone Blanco Zeus Suede: you can choose the most popular white quartz stone as matt white worktop too. Silestone Blanco Zeus is available in a tactile Suede finish offering a smooth texture to decorate any space. You can choose from thicknesses of 20mm and 30mm, which are recommended for worktops. If you want to match your splashbacks, you can opt for Silestone Blanco Zeus 12mm thickness. This colour belongs to the Mythology Series, and just like Blanco Norte, you can choose it from slabs of 3040x1380mm and 3250x1590mm.
A White Matt worktop or a Silestone Suede finish worktop?
Whilst looking for a white matt kitchen worktop, you may come across the terms ‘Silestone Suede’. To clear any confusion you may have, this is a brand name from Cosentino to describe its matt surfaces. The main difference between a white matt worktop and a Silestone Suede worktop lies in that the ‘Suede Finish’ comes with a light texture whilst a simple matt finish will feel completely flat when you touch it.
Suede is a soft, velvety texture from Silestone that allows you to enjoy a new tactile experience on your worktop. It offers the same resistance as a white polished worktop but with superiority in the ‘touch’ of the material.
If you are interested in seeing different designs in Silestone Suede, you can watch our below video:
Caesarstone white honed worktop collection 2021
We can say that Caesarstone is another global phenomenon alongside Silestone. The Israeli company was founded in 1987 and had almost thirty-five years of decoration of the world’s most glamourous properties and establishments. In the case of this brand, if you wanted a white matt worktop, you would opt for a marble-look design, as it is the exclusive colour choice for this year.
5. Caesarstone White Attica honed: White Attica offers the look of Italian marbles. Some examples are Carrara and Carrara Bella, which is characterised by a stronger veining than the standard Bianco Carrara marble. In contrast with natural White Carrara, Caesarstone White Attica doesn’t need sealants nor additional coatings to protect its surfaces from stains. You can choose it from thicknesses of 13mm, 20mm and 30mm. And with slab sizes of 3040x1440mm, you can create unlimited designs for any room in the house.
White matt colour designs from Quartzforms
6. Quartzforms Cloudy White Brushed: Quartzforms is a German quartz manufacturer owned by an Italian family. It offers the perfect combination of materials bringing Italian design with German performance for your kitchen surfaces. Rather than being completely flat, the Quartzforms Brushed finish offers a textured worktop, similar to the Silestone Suede Finish. In addition, cloudy White is available in slabs with sizes of 3000x1400mm and 3200x1640mm, bringing another versatile option to kitchens of varied sizes.
7. Quartzforms Iceberg White Brushed: Another design from the German quartz manufacture belongs to the Extreme Collection. This colour is inspired by the glaciers from icebergs and offers an off-white matt worktop option for your kitchen. As with its counterpart Cloudy White, you can select from slabs of 3000x1400mm and 3200x1640mm, making it another cost-effective option for kitchens of varied sizes.
8. Quartzforms Absolute White Brushed: The whitest white from the brand and available in a delightful Brushed finish. It’s ideal for contemporary kitchens as well as for traditional and period properties. It belongs to the Price Group 5 of Quartzforms, and It comes in slabs of 3000x1400mm and 3200x1640mm. You can choose a 20mm thick slab as kitchen worktops or splashback or a 30mm thick slab if you wish to design an opulent kitchen island.
White matt worktop surfaces – Porcelain brands
Dekton White Matt Worktop colours
Dekton, the ultra-compact new surface from Cosentino, also offer white matt worktop choices for any kitchen. In addition, you can choose from different designs such as minimalistic, marble-effect and concrete effect worktops.
9. Dekton Portum: This colour is inspired by the popular Portobello quartzite natural stone. It features a velvety finish that provides you with a tactile experience and the great aesthetics of the material. The white backdrop makes fantastic contrast with grey veins scattered over the slab. Portum belongs to the Price Group 2 of Dekton and is available in 4 mm, 8 mm, 12 mm, and 20 mm thicknesses.
10. Dekton Lunar: It is a white concrete effect worktop material in a matt finish. Inspired by the beauty of natural concrete, the material brings elegance and sophistication to industrial and minimalistic spaces. Dekton Lunar is available in slabs with sizes of 3200 x 1440 mm. You can also choose it from slabs with 4 mm, 8 mm, 12 mm, and 20 mm thicknesses.
11. Dekton Nilium: Nilium is another concrete effect worktop from Dekton’s Industrial Series. It’s inspired in metals with silvery shades, in combination with white concrete with subtle grey hues. It’s an elegant material that will bring warmth to your kitchen and bathroom. Dekton Nilium belongs to Price group 2 of Dekton, and it is available in slabs with 3200 x 1440 mm sizes. You can also choose it from slabs with 4 mm, 8 mm, 12 mm, and 20 mm thicknesses.
12. Dekton Zenith: Zenith was the very first white matt worktop material from Dekton. It’s a minimalistic design that brings timeless features to any area of your home. Dekton Zenith belongs to Price group 2, and it is available in slabs with 3200 x 1440 mm sizes. You can also choose it from slabs with 4 mm, 8 mm, 12 mm, 20 mm, and 30 mm thicknesses.
Neolith is another popular brand of porcelain surfaces and Dekton’s main competitor. The brand also offers white matt worktop materials in three different designs.
Neolith Matt White colours
13. Neolith Just White: Just White is the latest matt white surface from Spanish manufacturer The Size. If you want to display a pure white surface with natural looks, this is your material of choice. You can choose Neolith Just White Silk finish from slabs with 3200 x 1500 mm, 3200 x 1600 mm, and 3200 x1600mm. Regarding thicknesses, the 3200 x 1600 mm is available in 12 mm and 20 mm, the 3200 x 1500mm slab comes in 6 mm thickness, and the 3600 x 1200 mm slabs come in 3 mm thickness we recommend for furniture cladding.
13. Neolith Arctic White: The first white matt worktop material from the brand and its best sellers. It offers a simple white matt surface that you can combine with any furniture and design style. For example, if you want to decorate your kitchen with this material, you can choose it in different slab sizes. Neolith Arctic White slabs in 3200 x 1600 mm and 12 mm thickness can be available in a Sating finish.
And you can also choose the satin finish slab in sizes of 3200 x1500 mm in 6 mm thickness, 3600 x1200 mm in 6 mm and 3 mm thicknesses. If you prefer Neolith Arctic White in a Silk finish, you can choose from slabs with sizes of 3200 x 1600 mm from either 20 mm or 12 mm thicknesses. In addition, you can also opt for slabs with dimensions of 2600 x 1200 mm in 6 mm thickness.
14. Neolith Nieve: The Nieve design belongs to the Colorfeel Collection and is available in an off-white shade that complements modern and traditional spaces. You can choose it in a Satin finish, from slabs with sizes of 3200 x 1600 mm and 12 mm thickness, a 3200 x 1500 mm slab in 6 mm thickness, and a 3600 x 1200 mm slab in either 6 mm or 3 mm thicknesses. If you prefer a Neolith Nieve Silk finish, you can choose a 3200 x 1600 mm slab with 12 mm thickness, a 3200 x1500 mm slab of 6 mm thickness, and a 2600 x 1200 mm slab in 6 mm thickness.
Laminam White Matt worktop colours
Laminam is another brand of ceramic surfaces that offers practicality and great performance for kitchens. The Italian brand offers the following matt white surfaces:
15. Laminam Bianco Assoluto: It’s a timeless colour with a natural finish that will match any design style, whether traditional or modern. Laminam Bianco Assoluto offers remarkable stain resistance, and it’s an easy product to work with. The brand offers the material in 12 mm and 20 mm thick slabs with dimensions of 3240 x1640 mm, ensuring you can place a minimal number of joints in your designs. In addition, its raw material combination gives these surfaces unique physical features and homogeneity.
Laminam Bianco Assoluto is a single brand that fits a wide range of uses. It is the perfect choice for kitchens, bathrooms and fireplaces, and the surfaces do not need to be sealed before they are put into service nor cleaned using the same method used with natural stone. The versatility of Laminam Bianco Assoluto ceramic means the surfaces retain their specifications even when they are exposed to heat, frost and UV rays, with average water absorption of 0.1%. Laminam Bianco Assoluto is made in Italy for interiors that need to withstand the test of time, with a colour that radiates light and can stand out from the crowd with its white shimmer.
16. Laminam Calce Bianco: It is inspired by items composed of white concrete. In contrast with concrete worktops, Calce Bianco does not require maintenance or sealants. If you wanted to see this material, we recommend ordering a free sample from our team. Like Bianco Assoluto, you can also choose this white matt material in 12 mm and 20 mm thick slabs with dimensions of 3240 x1640 mm.
Marazzi The Top: White Matt worktop options
Marazzi has been making ceramic tiles since 1935 and is probably one of the leading brands in the stone industry. The company recently expanded its offer by adding ‘The Top’, a collection of extra-large slabs that you can use as kitchen worktops. Marazzi classifies The Top colours into twelve collections in which there are two white matt worktops you can choose from.
17. Marazzi Concrete Look White: It is another concrete-inspired material that gives you a practical solution if you want the look of natural concrete, but you don’t have the time for its associated maintenance. You can choose this design from a slab with 3240 x 1620 mm sizes and a thickness of 12 mm for your worktops. If you want to clad your furniture, you can also choose this colour from a slab with a size of 3200 x 1600 mm and 6 mm thickness.
White Matt worktops from alternative brands of quartz
Our clients often ask us if there are any alternative brands of quartz that offer their materials at a lower cost than those from the leading brands.
Firstly, we must clarify that buying quartz worktops from alternative brands is not always a good idea because most are made outside of Europe, and some may not contain CE Markings. CE is an administrative marking with which the manufacturer or importer affirms its conformity with European health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area. It is not an assurance mark nor a quality indicator.
Therefore, if you want to buy quartz worktops from alternative brands, we recommend doing so from a reliable worktop supplier who has a history of purchases and a deep relationship with well-known stone importers. Most reputable stone importers offer a warranty on alternative quartz slabs, ranging between 1-10 years. In addition, should there be a fault o defect in your worktop, your supplier will act quickly and swiftly, with similar action from its stone importer.
Super Jumbo White Matt Quartz
Having mentioned the precautions that you should take when purchasing an alternative brand of quartz, the one thing that you will find is that these are very cost-effective. For example, the Pure White Matt Quartz slabs we offer at The Worktop Library are available in Super Jumbo sizes of 3500 x 2000 mm. Not only that one of these slabs allows you to create expansive panels without joints, but you can save costs from purchasing a second slab of material on many occasions.
We described eighteen different options that you can choose from for your new white matt kitchen worktops. As you can see, there are many different types of materials that you can use for your project. But, first, we recommend that you get Free samples of the ones that you like best. Seeing a sample will allow you to check the shade of white material and see how it works with the other objects in your home. It will also allow you to carry out tests (impact, stain resistance, heat resistance, etc.) on them to see if the materials of choice are right for you. Besides this, you can contact our team of specialists who can advise about all these materials for your project.