Our Arabescato marble offers an enchanting aura of halos in greys, whites and soft tones with mesmerising looks and the sturdiness of an ancient natural stone.
Its intricate patterns on a white slab make it versatile and easy to combine with furniture and appliances in other colours. And you can apply it outdoors as flooring, walls, and worktops in kitchens, patios, gardens, balconies, bathrooms, and more.
Arabescato Marble Description
The stone comes from the Arabic word ‘arabesque’, meaning embellished with arabesque patterns (a decorating style distinguished by intertwined flora and geometric curving patterns).
Arabescato has been used since ancient times and was popularised during the Renaissance. It remains a popular material today due to its timeless beauty and durability and is commonly prevalent in applications such as kitchen worktops, walls and splashbacks.
Arabescato is a durable and low-maintenance material that can add a touch of luxury to any home. We cut it to size or deliver it in block or slab formats. In addition, you can choose it as a tile in different dimensions or as a book-match panel for walls and other focal areas of the home.
Variation: High. Patterns and colours vary dramatically from block to block.
Arabescato Marble History
Arabescato has long been regarded as one of the most significant construction materials. It is rated a unique stone because of its purity, versatility, softness, and lustre.
The Romans widely recognised the choice of marble as a noble material for artists and buildings, particularly during and after the Augustan empire. Due to high demand in the Greek and Roman civilisations, often known as classical antiquity, several Arabescato marble quarries were mined at various times in history.
Arabescato’s unique beauty displays stunning veins and natural oxide. Its ivory-white backdrop blurs into the bluish veins, creating areas where golden hints cross the white worktop. Moreover, this stone from the centre of Carrara offers an eternal design with a vintage look in modern homes.
If you want to add natural luxury to your home, there’s no better way to do it than with Arabescato. This white marble is in demand because of its beautiful veining and sturdiness, making it a popular choice for kitchen and bathroom countertops. In addition, Arabescato is easy to clean and maintain, meaning your new space will always look its best. Plus, with its unique veining pattern, no two pieces of Arabescato are alike – ensuring your home always stands out.
This white marble comes from the Apuan Alps. It is also known as Bianco Arabescato, Arabescato White Marble, Marmo Arabescato Di Carrara, Arabascato Marble, Arabascato Bianco Marble, Arabescato Carrara Marble, Arabescato Classico Marble, Classic Arabescato Marble.
Advantages of Using Marble In Interior Spaces
- Durable: Despite marble’s softness, an excellent attribute for seamless fabrication and cutting, the stone is robust, making it in some of the most innovative marble applications in private residences, public places, and even furniture sets that have exceeded the material’s typical usage.
- Hygienic: marble’s low porosity ensures no bacteria cannot penetrate its surface. Cleaning your marble worktops with a diluted solution of dishwashing detergent is sufficient to lower the microbe count.
- Practical: marble’s softness makes it one of the most functional natural stones for building and decoration. While the Romans made the most of its softness for sculpturing, you can make it by shaping it to any form and size, whether for worktops, walls, floors, shelves, or more.
- Colour Intense: Although marble is often light-coloured, you can find marble in any colour and shade in the spectrum. And no other material can provide the same level of colour intensity marble provides, whether quartz, ceramic, or concrete.
Arabescato Marble Sizes, Thickness, Finishes
- Sizes: The slabs have a minimum dimension of 2.50 x 1.50m and a maximum size of 310x190cm.
- Finish: It is readily available in a polished finish. You can also choose Arabescato honed marble when you prefer matte or textured finishes for your project.
- Coverage: With a single marble slab, you can cover an area of approximately 5 square meters of surface, whether it is kitchen worktops, floors, or wall panels.
- Protection: Our production team applies professional natural stone sealant coating to your marble slabs upon delivery. Later, our worktop installers use an additional layer of this sealant when completing your kitchen worktop, bathroom, fireplace, or floor installation.
- Thicknesses: Arabescato is readily available in 2 or 3-cm thicknesses. Consult with our marble experts if you require thicknesses of 4, 5 or 6 cm or more.
How to Combine Arabescato Marble
To give your bathroom and kitchens a luxurious update, consider combining Arabescato with other high-end materials.
Pair the marble with wooden cabinets and steel or bronze appliances for a sophisticated look. Combine Arabescato with grey cabinets and a breakfast bar in a white kitchen for a more contemporary feel.
Whichever style you choose, you’ll impress your guests with this beautiful white marble.
A beautiful, unique material that can make any home design project stand out.
When combining Arabescato with other colours, you must consider the overall look you are trying to achieve.
Pair Arabescato with golden chandeliers and rustic fabrics for a more traditional look. Use black marble accents and an Arabescato backsplash or countertop for a modern industrial look.
Would you like to know more about Arabescato marble worktops, splashbacks, or Arabescato marble honed for bathrooms?
Let’s Get Technical
Arabecato Marble Specifications
Material: Natural stone
Colour: White, grey
Price Group: 2
Finishes: Polished, honed
Thicknesses: 2 cm, 3 cm
Slab size: 280 x 180 cm
Style: veins, arabesque patterns
Heat resistance: 350 °C
Hardness: 3.5 (out of 10 on Moh’s scale)
Applications: worktops, vanity tops, bar countertops. Fireplaces, walls, floors, and other applications.
Usage: Indoor, outdoor
Natural marble is a fantastic option for kitchen worktops, upstands, or walls in homes and businesses. It has remained the king of worktops for centuries thanks to the mix of eternal beauty, high performance and affordability it offers.
- Natural marble is UV suitable, making it a perfect outdoor worktop material.
- You can choose marble in various finishes: Polished, Leather, Honed, Bush-Hammered, Satinato, and more.
- Each slab of natural marble worktop is unique to you and your project. Nature does not create two identical marble slabs.
- Marble can withstand exceptionally high heat (up to 300 degrees Celsius) and offers excellent scratch and stain resistance performance.
- When you embark on a kitchen or bathroom renovation, you will most likely consider how the material would improve the appearance and functionality of your house. However, with marble, you can also consider how it can boost the property's value. Your home is a significant investment, and adding marble worktops can help increase its value in the future.
Arabescato marble comprises raw minerals and is a 100% natural stone. Therefore, as with any natural product, its composition may differ slightly across blocks.
Arabescato marble's technical features are the following (petrographical classification):
- Mass Unit Volume: 2724 Kg / m3
- Water absorption: 0.40%
- Compression: 132 MPa
- Compression (freezing): 108 MPa
- Elasticity: 76,000 MPa
- Tensile Strength: 20,7 MPa
- Abrasion: 0.69
- Impact resistance: (41 cm height)
- Water Absorption:0.40 %
- Density:2724 kg/m3
- Flexural Strength:12 - 21 MPa
- Compressive Strength:130.0 - 142.1 MPa
As an organic material, marble's warranty comes from nature. And because marble is a natural product, it has inherent flaws and fractures that make it unique.
You can select from our Sensa, Naturamia, and Granith stone collections of branded natural materials if you prefer marble with a warranty. Our manufacturer's warranties for natural stone worktops range from 2 to 15 years.
Arabescato marble belongs to our Price Group 2 (two), representing a medium to a low price point.
The final price of an Arabescato worktop depends on the size of the work surfaces your project requires, the location, and the accessibility of the site for the worktops’ installation, dictating the number of stone installers required.
Arabescato marble, also known as Bianco Arabescato marble, is a natural stone from Carrara, a famous quarry in the province of Massa, 400 km north of Italy's capital, Rome.
RETURNS AND SHIPPING POLICY RETURNS
Except for damaged surfaces, all sales are final. Please call 020 39760029 or email HELLO@WORKTOPLIBRARY.CO.UK for more information before mailing exchanges or online purchasing return products installed in faulty or damaged condition.
SHIPPING \\\\ TURNAROUND
We process all orders within one business day. However, specific stones may have longer lead times due to high demand or special-order items from other countries.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION COSTS
We compute delivery and installation costs at the time of purchase. Our team of professional stone fitters install all stone surfaces.
Installation and delivery charges vary depending on weight, site access, and delivery location from our workshop in West London, United Kingdom.
INSTALLATION & DELIVERY ADDRESSES
Stone worktop installation is available in London and up to 150 miles of surrounding areas. Don't hesitate to get in touch with our Worktop Library Service Team at (20) 39760029.