Our Brown Onyx offers unmatched elegance and durability for luxurious projects that require an optimal mix of beauty and finesse. This article aims to provide exhaustive insights about Onyx Brown, helping you decide on your interior surfacing needs.
The Aesthetics, Colours, and Patterns of Brown Onyx
Belonging to the onyx family, this charming stone showcases a delightful confluence of appealing colours. Swirls of brown, white, and gold are harmoniously interwoven, creating a soothing, warm visual aesthetic.
Moreover, the natural semi-transparency of natural Onyx allows light to filter gently through, offering an enchanting glow that can transform any ordinary space into a mesmerising wonderland.
Difference Between Brown Onyx Vein Cut and Cross Cut
You will find Onyx in Vein cut and Cross-cut presentations, emphasising the techniques of the distinctive cut.
- Vein Cut: Vein cutting is a technique where the onyx slab is cut parallel to the bedding plane. This highlights mineral deposits’ beautiful, linear patterns, creating a unique veining effect throughout the surface.
- Crosscut: The cross-cut technique involves cutting across the bedding plane. This showcases a more chaotic, abstract pattern, reflecting a cross-section of the onyx’s natural layers.
Should I Choose Vein Cut or Cross Cut Onyx?
A well-defined veining effect sets apart Vein Cut slabs due to its natural lineation exploited by this type of cutting technique. In contrast, cross-cut slabs exhibit broader and denser colour tones and more intricate textures, forming an elliptical or circular pattern that gives off an entirely different aesthetic feel.
Factors such as light accessibility can also vary distinctively between these two cutting techniques for Onyx stones while considering designing or decorating purposes.
Preference for one depends entirely on personal customisation requirements determined by elements like space, interior design theme and lighting conditions. Consequently, each cut technique affords applications such as a Brown Onyx wall panel a unique and exquisite aesthetic, enabling you to choose the one that best aligns with your style and project needs.
Performance Features and Benefits of Natural Brown Onyx
Brown Onyx is not all about aesthetics; it has various performance features and benefits!
- Durability: Onyx is remarkably resilient, making it an excellent choice for high-traffic areas.
- Translucency: Its translucence adds dimension, creating a soft and luxurious ambience when backlit.
- Flexibility: This onyx can be effortlessly shaped and moulded, offering great flexibility for complex design projects.
Why Choose Brown Onyx Over Other Materials?
- Distinctive Aesthetic: The luxurious aesthetic of this Chocolate Onyx is challenging to match with any other material. Rich colours and hypnotising patterns genuinely contribute to a unique design statement.
- Compatibility: The soft brown hues of this onyx blend seamlessly with many design themes, making it an extremely versatile choice.
- Value for money: While a Brown Onyx splashback might appear upscale, it offers excellent durability, reducing the need (and associated costs) for frequent replacements or repairs.
Thus, Onyx Brown is an unbeatable material of choice when adding elegance and durability to your interior spaces. Let it illuminate your space with its radiant glow!
Let’s Get Technical
Brown Onyx specifications
Colour tones: Tobacco, white, beige, taupe, chestnut, leather
Finishes: Polished, honed
Thicknesses: 1.8 cm, 2 cm
Average slab size: 200 x 100 – 300 x 175 cm
Style: Veins, bands
Heat resistance: 350 °C
Hardness: 6.5 (out of 10 on Moh’s scale)
Applications: kitchen worktops, bathroom floors, fireplace, furniture, splashbacks, shelves and other uses.
Country: Turkey, Pakistan, Iran
- Natural onyx is an exceptional choice for worktops, walls or floors in restaurants, hotels and homes. It has reigned as the backlighting natural stone champion for centuries, offering a blend of enduring beauty, top-notch performance, and performance effectiveness.
- Onyx is UV-suited, rendering it an ideal material for outdoor worktops. You can select from a variety of finishes, including Polished and Honed. Each onyx worktop slab is uniquely yours, as nature crafts no identical pieces.
- Natural Onyx excels in withstanding high heat (up to 250 degrees Celsius) and delivers exceptional impact resistance. When renovating your kitchen or bathroom, you're likely contemplating how the material enhances your home's aesthetics and functionality.
- With Onyx, you can also consider its potential to improve your property's value. Your home is a substantial investment, and adding onyx worktops can boost its future worth.
Brown Onyx technical data:
- Density: 2695 kg/m³
- Frost Resistance: Not tested
- Flexural Strength: 7.70 Mpa
- Water Absorption:≤0.4% by weight
- Abrasion Resistance: Not tested
- Compressive Strength: 79 - 90 MPa
- Chemical Resistance: Low
- MOH'S Scratch Resistance: 6.5
As a natural material, Onyx's warranty is from nature, with unique flaws and lines that make it special.
You can select from our Sensa, Naturamia, and Granith materials of branded natural stones if you prefer surfaces with a warranty.
Brown Onyx offers a distinctive aesthetic, versatile compatibility, and excellent value for money. Its durability, semi-transparency, and flexibility make it an unmatched choice for elegant, enduring interiors.
Vein Cut highlights linear patterns, emphasizing mineral deposits, while Cross Cut creates abstract, chaotic patterns, exhibiting denser colour tones and intricate textures
Brown Onyx is remarkably durable for high-traffic areas, adds dimension with transparency, and offers flexibility for intricate design projects.
RETURNS AND SHIPPING POLICY RETURNS
Except for damaged surfaces, all sales are final. Please call 020 39760029 or email HELLO@WORKTOPLIBRARY.CO.UK for more information before mailing exchanges or purchasing return products installed in faulty or damaged condition.
SHIPPING \\\\ TURNAROUND
We process all orders within one business day. However, specific stones may have longer lead times due to high demand or special-order items from other countries.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION COSTS
We compute delivery and installation costs at the time of purchase. Our team of professional stone fitters install all stone surfaces.
Installation and delivery charges vary depending on weight, site access, and delivery location from our workshop in West London, United Kingdom.
INSTALLATION & DELIVERY ADDRESSES
Stone worktop installation is available in London and up to 150 miles of surrounding areas. Don't hesitate to get in touch with our Worktop Library Service Team at (20) 39760029.